Thursday, February 9, 2023

My visit to Trissur on 4th Feb ..

For a long time, I was planning to visit my school and college friends for a long time. Aji Issac from Don Bosco had his son's Amit wedding happening in Chalakudy on 5 Feb '23. So I packed off to Trissur by bus on 4 th Feb from ecity by KSRTC bus. Reached Trissur on 5th morning by 7.30 AM, Called my school and college mate Babu Bhaskar who was kind to take me to his home. After freshening up and a sumptuous breakfast, we went to meet Manoj's mother who was celebrating her 87th birthday. Babu's wife is a great host and it was a great time I could spend with Babu and wife reliving memories of Babu's father and mother.

Babu had bought a bouquet for Manoj's mother and also a mundu for me to gift her, so nice of Babu. Manoj's mother was very overjoyed at us greeting her on her 87th birthday. As I had limited time, after almost 30 minutes, I left for Peechanikkadu St. Peter's Jacobite church to attend my school mate from Don Bosco Aji Issac's son's marriage. The Jacobite church was so grand and large, I have not seen such a church in recent times, it is easily twice the size of Puthupally church. Established in 1906, it is an old church recently refurbished.

The marriage went fine and then we went to Chalakudy hall for the lunch. There I was really fortunate to meet at least ten of my school friends, it was a really happy occasion. After taking a snap with school friends, I went to Prof. Poduval's house near Kodagara, en route from Chalakudy to Trissur.. Poduval sir was at the bus stand waiting for me for more than 45 mins. We went to sir's house in his new Baleno car. After a quick tea, we went for a walk around the area to see his relatives. The village atmosphere was very refreshing. Also to see real good, simple, loving people.

After a bath and dinner, it was time to leave Trissur. Reached Trissur bus stand by 8.30 PM. By 11 PM was in the bus to Bangalore. By 7.30 am on Monday, I was in home in Bangalore and reached the college in time for the 8.30 AM class.

A very satisfying journey indeed, though short.

George..

No comments:

Post a Comment