Saturday, October 15, 2022

How IKEA has conquered the world of home furniture - great VALUE ..

Recently I happened to buy a 4 drawer IKEA MALM chest of drawers from the ikea.in website. Do it yourself  (DIY) assembly. Cost was INR 9990/=.

I received 2 heavy packets and kept the final assembly to last Sunday. At 12 noon we started with Anila helping me support, lift the heavy planks etc. The assembly instructions were very clear and by 4.30 pm, we finished the assembly.

The assembly though done by a novice like me, the final chest of drawers looks superb, a real thing of beauty and joy. I never expected my first attempt to come out so professional looking and neat. 
 
IKEA has done all the pre-assembly drilling, supplying the needed nails, screws etc. Though I have a good collection of carpentry tools at home, needed only the hammer, star and straight edge screw driver for the whole assembly. 
 
I never thought DIY assembly would be so interesting and absorbing, that I am planning to buy and assemble more wooden furniture in future. (what IKEA needs ..).

I always wonder how IKEA has grown to be a global interior decor brand of $48 billion and is slowly establishing its presence in India. I happened to visit the largest IKEA showroom cum sales store in India in Bangalore two months back.  In four hours could just speedily scan through the vast IKEA merchandise available there.

IKEA has properly understood the Indian people's mindset and is sure to offer great value for money to its Indian customers. 

If you look at the edges and joints, it is very difficult to believe I got this level of perfection in my first attempt itself. I believe it is the same with everyone. This is IKEA perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment