Thursday, January 6, 2022

Simple ways for detoxing yourself ..

When one hears of the word detoxification, what comes to our mind is the dictionary definition which says that detoxification is the process of removing toxic substances (either from human body or other substances)

An interesting article which I happened to read of late is one at getpocket.com (click here) which talks of simple two steps of detoxification.

They are 1) getting atleast 7-8 hours of sleep and 2) drinking lots of water.

By getting enough sleep, we give enough rest to all our organs to revive after functioning for good 15-16 hours a day. It helps our brain to revitalise, our muscles to get oxygenated and take enough rest before starting another day of full activity.

Drinking lots of water helps our body remain hydrated, remove the acidic content in our intestines and flushes out along with the fibrous food we take, the digested material, enabling free movement of the bowels, ensuring healthy bowels. Every night before I go to sleep, for many years I have been sincerely following the habit of taking two glasses of water. Of late when I get up, my wife also feeds me two glasses of hot water with jeera or methi, that again helps cleanse the digestive tract. 

Besides these two steps, I also engage in good personal exercises like walking a least 2-4 kms daily, always climbing stairs wherever possible and not taking the lift, ensuring a healthy heart.

Anybody who follows these steps I can ensure good health will follow.

George

No comments:

Post a Comment