Wednesday, January 6, 2021

How many AI apps do we daily use ?

We all are enamored by the mention of the word AI , but are we fully in grip of the potential AI can make in our lives. Why are some of us afraid when there is a mention on AI, while others are upbeat when they hear the word AI.

I have been trying to find out the AI apps I use in my daily life and have been successful to a limited extent. 

The basic purpose of this exercise is to create better AI awareness in the society and for my students, so that they are better prepared to face AI when it hits us very soon in the next 5 - 10 years.  

Are AI apps harmful to society and humanity in general or are they beneficial ?

To prepare oneself for the AI revolution, it makes sense to know how many AI apps are we using presently and for which processes.

  • Email replying - Google AI
  • Searching to get better and relevant search results - Google search AI
  • Spam filter - Google AI
  • Email sorting (smart email categorization) - Google AI 
  • Google Maps - Google AI
  • Google ads - relevant to my search - Google AI
  • Google doc - grammar check - Google AI
  • Translate from speech to text - Google AI
  • Translate from about many languages to other languages - Google Translate
  • Facebook photo upload - suggests friends, Facebook AI
  • Image editing - Faceapp AI
  • Image editing - Prisma AI
  • Online shopping - products suiting my taste at Amazon - Amazon AI
  • Chatbots at SBI, HDFC 
  • Music search and playback at Amazon echo dot - Amazon Alexa AI engine
  • Music search and playback at Google Home Mini - Google AI engine
  • Washing machine at home - Haier, Fuzzy Logic
  • Website building - Leia app
  • Chat companion - Replika app

I am constantly trying to find different areas of AI application. Will keep updating this list. I am yet to find an AI financial app that can help me manage my finances well.

George.

No comments:

Post a Comment