Wednesday, March 6, 2019

E-learning effectiveness - beautiful remarks from a colleague ..

Last Saturday 22 February, 2019, IIM Bangalore did a Faculty Development Programme on Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC). Even though I was a participant at this FDP, could not attend it as my academic commitments at the Alliance University overtook my personal growth and development plans. 

 One of my senior colleagues who attended this IIMB FDP surprised me totally with his very frank observation this morning. He told me , "Professor, your lessons on E-learning were much more effective and covered much more topics like quizzes etc than what was covered at IIMB. Wish you could give us a repeat session on E-Learning.. "

This was the best comments I could get from my colleague in my recent memory. Very very precious !!

This class I had taken almost six years back at Alliance University in Bangalore. When I had given my first presentation on E-learning from Govt. College of Engineering, Goa at Bangalore palace during the FRee and Open Source (FOSS) Conference in 2005, neither IIT Bombay nor IIM Bangalore had embarked on their digital learning initiatives. 

It was indeed a very proud moment for me then as I had overtaken even my alma-mater IIT Bombay at implementing really advanced E-learning initiatives in the Southern and western region of India in 2005. 

Public funding at these public institutions has really given them the fillip. I doubt whether I failed to convince my academic colleagues to take to such modern teaching methodologies .. 

Innovation does not happen overnight.. 

George 

No comments:

Post a Comment